We still haven’t gotten over Friday’s event. Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Pageant is not a one-time thing, it is a year-long event.
To celebrate MBGN at 30 years we will be sharing random things you should know about the world class pageant;
1. MBGN Winners are the only ones qualified to represent Nigeria at the Miss World contest.
2. MBGN is organized by Silverbird Group.
3. The first Native African to win Miss World is Agbani Darego.
4. Winners of MBGN are expected to work on a pet project (something related to Nigeria)
5. The state to have the most wins in the MBGN Pageant is Imo state
6. Stephanie Okereke-Linus who is an award winning actress and a judge at the just concluded MBGN pageant was also the runner up for MBGN pageant of 2002.
7. Actress, Ibinabo Fiberesima in 1992, competed in the MBGN pageant where she was placed as the second runner-up.
8. Nigerian talk show host, Nike Oshinowo won the MBGN 1991 pageant.
9. The first winner of MBGN was Lynda Chuba.
10. Munachi Gail Teresa Abii Nwankwo popularly known as Muna is a Nigerian rapper, hip-hop artiste was the winner of MBGN 2007.
11. MBGN 2005 winner, Omowunmi Akinnifesi was appointed environmental ambassador in 2009 by Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola.